Mitchells & Butlers is a leading operator of restaurants and pubs in the UK. It listed on the London Stock Exchange in April 2003 and is a member of the FTSE 250. Its restaurants and pubs have some of the highest average sales and profits per site in the industry and it operates the best portfolio of brands in the UK, with a focus on growth in the eating out market.
- has high average weekly sales and annual profitability per site
- is competitively well positioned in the UK's attractive eating-out market
- has a well defined strategy for growth
- has funds to deliver this growth, but will only invest where returns can be achieved in excess of our hurdle rates
- has clear operational priorities
- has long term, fixed rate debt financing with secure asset backing
and is therefore well positioned to deliver sustainable growth and shareholder value.