Mitchells & Butlers plc's website (www.mbplc.com) follows policies regarding the use of the website for the dissemination and publication of information about the company. The following underlying values and principles guide the policy.
Values - as a company, we respect:
- The rights of others, especially rights of privacy and confidentiality.
- Intellectual property.
- All members of the community of users, and respect for diversity and the rights of all users to be able to access the website.
- The laws and regulations governing the publication and dissemination of financial information.
The principles derived from these values are:
- The website will be the primary means of communication used to keep followers of the company informed about its activities and performance.
- We will use our best efforts to ensure that news releases from Mitchells & Butlers will be published on the website immediately following their release to the London Stock Exchange. Those news releases will also be promptly emailed to registered users of the Mitchells & Butlers email news service.
- We will use our best efforts to ensure that information on the website is updated in an accurate and timely manner.
- We will use our best efforts to ensure that the privacy of users or information disclosed by users is not compromised in any way. You should read our privacy policies.
- The website will be open to all. We will not obstruct usage or deny access to users through the use of any kinds of technology or passworded areas.
- We will acknowledge emailed enquiries within 6 hours. If you do not receive an email reply within this period please return to the site and re-submit your enquiry, as the email address you gave may be incorrect. Please note we do not have the resources to resolve queries from unsolicited email where these are not directly related to the information and services provided by Mitchells & Butlers plc.
- Under the Financial Services Act 1986, we are not authorised to provide advice to investors on share dealing. For advice on dealing, please contact your stockbroker or independent financial adviser.
- We will use the website as a library of archived material about the company and its historic news releases, presentations and reports and we will clearly label that as archived material. From time to time, usually on a calendar year basis, we will move material into the archive.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy with regards to contacting and communication with Mitchells & Butlers, please write to us at: Legal Department, 27 Fleet Street, Birmingham B3 1JP.