Mitchells & Butlers is aware that some of our shareholders have received unsolicited phone calls or correspondence offering them unsolicited investment advice or purchase proposals in relation to their shares. We advise shareholders to be very wary of any unsolicited investment advice or offers and if you receive any such advice or offers:
- Make sure you get the correct name of the person and organisation.
- Check that they are properly authorised by the FCA before getting involved - you can check this at https://register.fca.org.uk/s/
- The FCA also maintains on its website a list of unauthorised overseas firms who are targeting, or have targeted, UK investors and any approach from such organisations should be reported to the FCA so that this list can be kept up to date and any other appropriate action can be considered. If you deal with an unauthorised firm, you would not be eligible to receive payment under the Financial Service Compensation Scheme.
- Do not provide any personal details to callers e.g. bank details, full address.
- Do not send your share certificates to anyone.
- Please report the approach to the FCA by completing an online form at https://www.fca.org.uk/consumers/report-scam-us
- Inform our Company registrars at Equiniti on 0345 384 2065 or +44 (0)345 384 2065 (from outside the UK).
The FCA advise that, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. They recommend ten steps on their website to help protect shareholders and consumers from scams such as this. More detailed information on this or similar activity can be found on the FCA website (https://www.fca.org.uk/)