Kaupthing Bank hf 20 February 2008 FORM 8.3 DEALINGS BY PERSONS WITH INTERESTS IN SECURITIES REPRESENTING 1% OR MORE (Rule 8.3 of the Takeover Code) ** Amended to include Supplemental 8 Form for options ** 1. KEY INFORMATION Name of person dealing (Note 1) Kaupthing Bank hf Company dealt in Mitchells & Butlers Plc Class of relevant security to which the Ordinary Shares dealings being disclosed relate (Note 2) Date of dealing 18 February 2008 2. INTERESTS, SHORT POSITIONS AND RIGHTS TO SUBSCRIBE (a) Interests and short positions (following dealing) in the class of relevant security dealt in (Note 3) Long Short Number (%) Number (%) (1) Relevant securities 56,342 (0.01%) 5,000 (0.001%) (2) Derivatives (other than options) 73,672,300 (18.28 %) 73,672,300 (18.28 %) (3) Options and agreements to purchase/sell 50,000 (0.01%) Total 73,778,642 (18.30%) 73,677,300 (18.28 %) (b) Interests and short positions in relevant securities of the company, other than the class dealt in (Note 3) Class of relevant security: Long Short Number (%) Number (%) (1) Relevant securities (2) Derivatives (other than options) (3) Options and agreements to purchase/sell Total (c) Rights to subscribe (Note 3) Class of relevant security: Details 3. DEALINGS (Note 4) (a) Purchases and sales Purchase/sale Number of securities Price per unit (Note 5) Buy 5000 445.50p Buy 5000 445.00p Buy 5000 446.00p Buy 4000 447.00p Buy 9792 448.00p Buy 5253 448.75p Buy 6637 449.00p Buy 19849 449.50p Buy 12500 449.25p Buy 23869 450.00p Sell 490 449.25p Sell 2500 451.00p Sell 94550 450.00p Sell 4000 450.00p Sell 2 450.75p Sell 358 450.25p (b) Derivatives transactions (other than options) Product name, Long/short (Note 6) Number of securities (Note 7) Price per unit (Note 5) e.g. CFD (c) Options transactions in respect of existing securities (i) Writing, selling, purchasing or varying Product name, Writing, selling, Number of securities Exercise Type, e.g. Expiry Option money purchasing, to which the option American, e.g. call option varying etc. relates (Note 7) price European etc. date paid/received per unit (Note 5) (ii) Exercising Product name, e.g. call option Number of securities Exercise price per unit (Note 5) (d) Other dealings (including new securities) (Note 4) Nature of transaction (Note 8) Details Price per unit (if applicable) (Note 5) 4. OTHER INFORMATION Agreements, arrangements or understandings relating to options or derivatives Full details of any agreement, arrangement or understanding between the person disclosing and any other person relating to the voting rights of any relevant securities under any option referred to on this form or relating to the voting rights or future acquisition or disposal of any relevant securities to which any derivative referred to on this form is referenced. If none, this should be stated. No voting rights on CFD holdings Is a Supplemental Form 8 attached? (Note 9) Yes OPEN POSITIONS (Note 1) Product name, Written or Number of securities Exercise price Type, e.g. Expiry date purchased to which the option or (Note 2) American, e.g. call option derivative relates European etc. Call Option Purchased 30,000 27.50 American 20/06/08 Call Option Purchased 20,000 34.50 American 20/06/08 Date of disclosure 20 February 2008 Contact name Richard Easton Telephone number 0203 205 6620 If a connected EFM, name of offeree/offeror with which connected If a connected EFM, state nature of connection (Note 10) Notes The Notes on Form 8.3 can be viewed on the Takeover Panel's website at www.thetakeoverpanel.org.uk This information is provided by RNS The company news service from the London Stock Exchange